Are you so dissatisfied with your home comfort that you think the only recourse is to install a second HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system? Before you go out and invest thousands of dollars, consider how zoning systems can solve your home’s comfort problems.
Home comfort is critical, especially through Eastern North Carolina’s hot, muggy summers, and cold, frosty winters. And when home comfort is compromised, it can make your life miserable. A number of factors may contribute to issues that you have with your comfort in your home’s indoor environment, including:
- Larger homes
- Two-story homes
- Improperly installed or designed systems
- Design features in a home, like tall ceilings or large window expanses
Elements such as these can contribute to hot and cold zones, which negatively impact your comfort.
However, zoning systems rectify home comfort problems, and can overcome unique heating needs throughout your home, by working in concert with your existing system. Here’s how it works:
- First, you establish zones in your home that make sense for your heating needs, and how you and your family use the spaces, such as your family room, your sleeping areas, and your kitchen.
- Next, an HVAC contractor installs motorized dampers in your ductwork, so that the dampers will open and close in each zone to adjust heating output.
- Finally, you install thermostats in each zone, in ideal locations, to read the temperature in that area, so that the heating system can respond accordingly.
Zoning systems help you save energy, too. You can turn off zones that are unused, so you don’t unnecessarily heat a space when it’s unoccupied. And you can use your zoning system in the same way during the summer to enhance your home cooling comfort, too.
Need to increase the comfort in your home? A zoning system could be the solution. If you’d like to explore how a zoning system works, or would just like to ask some questions about them, give the comfort experts at Jackson & Sons Heating & Air Conditioning a call today. We’ve been serving residential and commercial customers in Eastern North Carolina since 1974, and look forward to meeting all of your heating and cooling needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about zoning systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.